






Everyday I wake up and look out my window with hopes that my view of the brick wall will somehow undergo a major metamorphosis and a resplendent view of majestic jagged edges against a pure blue sky will great me with, "Good morning, Roon" As I stand there facing reality, despondency usually escorts me back to bed and I lie there trying to transform the cacophony of sirens, horns, and expletives into the soothing sounds of birds thanking the sun for its warmth and grace.
One particular day in March I contemplated the meaning of the words "Spring Break" and shortly thereafter regretted the fact that I was to remain in the confines of the concrete jungle during this particular respite. At that moment, I resolutely checked the prices of all airline tickets heading to Utah. Unfortunately, the cheapest ticket I found would have cost me more than buying an airplane and hiring a pilot to fly me there. (consider my propensity to exaggerate in order to make my points more convincing and/or salient) I was not about to let despondency get the best of me, so I considered locations of more tropical climates. Jamaica, of course, was the destination of choice, and just like that I was digging my toes into the delicate white sand and listening to the refreshings sounds of Jamaican water lapping gently onto the welcoming beach covered with palm trees and sunbathers.
The much needed vacation consisted of hanging out on the beach, eating delicious seafood, snorkeling, sailing, hiking, frisbee, sight seeing, dancing. We were able to do all these things while listening to the reggae beats of Bob Marley (after all, it is his homeland).

2 comments:
Wow! Did you really take those pictures by yourself? They look like postcards! We appreciate the chance to live out exotic vacations through your blog, our money goes into the "munchkins, a mortage and a minivan" as Scott so appropriately coined our 3M phase.
Dang boy... you be jammin' in jamaica without me? I'm pretty sure that is just not right... doesn't the song clearly state "We jammin'?" Think about it....
Post a Comment